The DS18B20 Digital Thermometer provides 9 to 12–bit centigrade temperature measurements and has an alarm function with nonvolatile user-programmable upper and lower trigger points.
The DS18B20 communicates over a 1-Wire bus that by definition requires only one data line (and ground) for communication with a central microprocessor. It has an operating temperature range of –55°C to +125°C and is accurate to _0.5_C over the range of –10°C to +85°C. In addition, the DS18B20 can derive power directly from the data line (“parasite power”), eliminating the need for an external power supply.
Applications that can benefit from this feature include HVAC environmental controls, temperature monitoring systems inside buildings, equipment or machinery, and process monitoring and control systems.
1. Unique 1 Wire interface requires only one port pin for communication;
2. Multidrop capability simplifies distributed temperature sensing applications;
3. Requires no external components;
4. Can be powered from data line. Power supply range is 3.0VDC to 5.5VDC;
5. Measures temperatures from –55°C to +125°C (–67°F to +257°F), 0.5_C accuracy from –10°C to +85°C;
6. Thermometer resolution is user-selectable from 9 to 12 bits;
7. Converts temperature to 12-bit digital word in 750ms (max.);
8. Stainless steel tube 6*30mm, the cable length is 100cm;
9. Output Signal: Red(VCC), Blue(Data), Black(GND)
10. Applications include thermostatic controls, industrial systems, consumer products, thermometers, or any thermally sensitive system.
11. It is suitable for our S200,S220,S240,S260,S261,S262 GPRS Remote Controller and GPRS Temperature Data Loggers. Also, it is suitable for the RTU5015 GSM SMS IR Controller for monitoring the temperature.